Sunday, August 24, 2008

Some more pictures, these are all of sunday.
I went into a beautiful mosque on the older part of town. After that I went to the Basilica Cistern, a water reservoir built in 532, that kept water that came from the Black Sea, via a 20 km aquaduct. It is huge and is held up by 336 columns! It could hold upto 80.000 cubic metres of water. Then I went home with  the boat. If you see the last picture up with a view from a  boat, there is a strip of green on the right, right above the water. The first building then is a little square block, I live 2 streets behind that block (which is a high-school).
So, now you know where I live, and seen some more pictures, hope you enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha lieve Sacha,
Leuk om die foto's te zien en je verhalen te lezen. En echt fijn dat je zo goed geland bent!
Kus Barbara