Sunday, September 7, 2008

hi everyone,

a few pictures again. I am very happy with the park I have just a few streets away. It is such a nice place to sit and study some verbs and vocabulary. This weekend was not too adventures. Went to a party friday, with a bunch of Erasmus students, which was nice. Today I went out to discover another neighborhood on the Asian side of town, since I am hardly ever in that part. It was pretty nice, many small shops and restaurants. I also bumped into this fellow on the right, a genuine Amsterdammertje! The way back was the best though, since the sun had set and the big mosques were lit up, creating a very very beautiful skyline. 
They are still working in my street, building a house from scratch and also putting in new pavement on the street. So it is super dusty and noisy everywhere. I feel sorry for the guys who are building the house, since they live in a little hut on the buildingspot itself. I figured they are maybe from the countryside, or something. They work 7 days a week, start around 8 in the morning and often go on till 11 at night!
Tomorrow all hell is supposed to break lose traffic-wise. Because then, millions of students are starting school and university again. In one of the articles I posted a link of, it explains that the municipalities will offer free public transport for the first 3 days of the week, in order to lift a bit of the busyness.... We will see...
So, that is all really. Iyi gunler! (Enjoy your day)
Sacha

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Hey Sas,
vet mooie foto die met de zonsondergang over de stad!
En wat doet een amsterdammertje helemaal daar??? woont zeker een nederlander in de buurt :P
Alles goed gegaan met t drukke openbaar vervoer? spreek je snel weer. kus Fi

Unknown said...

Its crazy how much the river reminds me of MN, but I don't think Ill have that impression when I arrive. We all miss you here (but me especially lief). x Phil